To create engaging educational content for Bethel University courses and programs.
• Provide media design expertise to the TLT team.
• Identify the best multimedia approach to convey content and achieve course outcomes.
• Produce educational videos in collaboration with content experts and others involved in the course design process. This includes everything from concept through sharing (media type, scripts, scheduling, shooting, editing, producing, quality assurance, and deployment).
• Schedule shoots with appropriate timing, locations, and subjects.
• Manage, organize, tag, and maintain visual assets and equipment.
• Research and maintain creative ideas, current techniques and technologies.
• Consult with instructional designers, media producers and content experts on projects.
• Perform administration and organizational duties.
• Train faculty and content experts to use media development tools.
• Produce photography to build the TLT’s photo stock library.
• Ability to schedule shoots, stage, direct on location, and process photographs and video footage.
• Experience in post-production including capturing, editing, coloring, and audio.
• Proficiency with editing and production software, including: Premier, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and Captivate or equivalents.
• Experience with photography and videography equipment in the studio and in on-site situations.
• Aesthetic awareness when designing images, audio, and video.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team, as well as independently with limited supervision.
• Working knowledge of After Effects or Motion a plus.
At least two years of professional videography and editing experience preferred. An interest in higher education and learning a plus
Bachelor’s degree in media arts, video production, photography, graphic design or a related field, or a Bachelor’s degree in a different subject area with significant work experience in videography and editing.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Full-time benefit eligible position, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year. Benefits include tuition discount. May require some evening and weekend work.