Procure, analyze, and report quantitative data related to academic programs for the College of Adult & Professional Studies, Seminary, and Graduate School.
Financial Analysis and Forecasting
• Collaborate with the Dean of Academic and Business Operations to develop revenue forecasts for the annual budgeting process
• Collaborate with the Dean of Academic and Business Operations to update current year revenue forecasts quarterly
• Estimate part-time instructional costs and faculty personnel expense distributions for the annual budgeting process
• Produce and report annual run rate analyses on a monthly basis
• Produce, update, and report long-range (3-5 year) financial forecasts
• Produce financial pro formas for proposed new programs, changes to existing programs, and other strategic initiatives
• Produce and report other financial analyses to support strategic decision-making
• Collaborate with ITS to create, maintain, and improve technology to aid financial analysis and forecasting.
Academic Program Data Analysis and Reporting
• Collaborate with ITS to create, maintain, and improve program performance dashboards
• Ensure accurate academic program data is available to program directors and deans for annual program reports.
• Collaborate with Registrar, Institutional Research, Information Technology Services, Student Success and Retention, Admissions, and Marketing to ensure consistency in data definitions and fidelity of data reporting when data practices change.
• Provide academic program data analysis and reporting for special projects and strategic initiatives
Budget Process Support:
• Distribute, collect, and report annual budget requests
• Manage the process for requesting new budget funds
• Strong quantitative data analysis skills
• Experience forecasting sales or other quantitatively measured behavior is strongly preferred
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, nested formulas, graphs)
• Ability to effectively communicate the results of data analyses through verbal, written, and visual means
• Ability to translate business information needs to productive use of ERP data
• Ability to translate information management system possibilities and limitations to organizational leaders
• Ability to work independently and in a highly collaborative manner
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to maintain records in an accurate and organized manner
2+ years of experience in business intelligence, financial analysis, or other quantitative data analysis role required; higher education experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, businesses management, business intelligence, business analytics, information management, statistics, or math
Must be able to work in a sitting position at a computer for extended periods of time. Flexible schedule.