Responsible for the operational activities of the Office of Campus Ministries including serving as administrative assistant to the Dean of Campus Ministries/Campus Pastor, Associate Dean of Campus Ministries and the Student Chaplains Ministry program
Support to Dean and Associate Dean of Campus Ministries:
• Assist both the Dean of Campus Ministries/Campus Pastor and Associate Dean in calendar management, email support,, travel arrangements for speaking engagements, and meeting preparation regarding various committee involvements.
• Assist Dean of Campus Ministries/Campus Pastor in selection of off-campus speaking commitments; scheduling on- and off- campus meetings; procuring ground/air transportation to various conferences and speaking engagements; complying with contractual agreements.
• Collaborate with both the Dean/Campus Pastor and Associate Dean regarding budget allocation, reporting and monthly corporate credit card statements.
• Assist both Dean/Campus Pastor and Associate Dean with hiring decision of student workers/student ministers and summer staff, including preparation and submission of hiring documentation.
Student Chaplains Ministry:
• Lead and develop Student Chaplains Ministry. Coordinating the in-office and campus-wide spiritual care of our campus through a team of Student Chaplains who provide a welcoming and caring atmosphere and minister across our campus.
• Coach Student Chaplains in the development of their ministry gifts, supervise them in supporting chapel logistical production.
• Coordinate various functions related to support raising for mission trips including executing all aspects of support letters, tracking and recording trip donations, payments, and other administrative details as needed.
• Coordinate various award recognitions and events including Servant Leadership Awards, Senior Celebration Service and other events as assigned.
• Coordinate office supplies and maintenance of office equipment; answer phones; ensure online updates where needed for department.
Chapel Guest Speakers:
• Provide administrative support for chapel guest speakers including distribution of Campus Ministries guidelines, procuring travel arrangements and contract management such as making scheduled payments and requesting honoraria, and assisting guest speaker upon arrival with logistics.
• Ability to lead and develop a team toward shared goals, develop skills, keep team members accountable, maintain unity, and resolve conflict.
• Demonstrate understanding of the faith development and spiritual needs of college students with the ability to provide support to their spiritual growth and development.
• Ability to learn new web development and digital platform technology and to adapt to change seamlessly.
• Extreme attention to detail and the ability to troubleshoot and find solutions quickly.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to represent the mission of the office of Campus Ministries.
• Ability to maintain calm and bring peace in stressful situations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to self-start, to keep information confidential and to work well in a team environment.
• Knowledge of software programs MS Office Suite, ProPresenter, Planning Center, Adobe Suite.
2+ years of ministry experience in pastoral care setting with complex levels of responsibility required. Experience in a senior administrative or ministry position in a church setting, non-profit, or academic institution is preferred.
2+ years post-high school coursework required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time as well as the ability to walk the campus without difficulty.
40 hours per week, 10 month per year position. Some weekends and overtime may be required. Position collaborates with Conference and Event Services to follow the student life event model process for departmental events.