The Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing Living The Questions communications, including student, church, and partner relations, marketing, and fundraising initiatives. The Coordinator will work with the director, various departments at Bethel, and program staff to develop materials and provide communications support. The Communications Coordinator will also coordinate press coverage of Living The Questions, manage the organization’s social media accounts, email lists, and maintain consistency in the messaging to diverse audiences.
Develop original content for the web, printed materials and advertising in support of Bethel’s brand.
Create, distribute, and maintain all print and electronic materials, including:
• Monthly emails/communication for an external audience of members, partners, and supporters.
• Regular e-announcements/communication for an internal audience.
• Consistent and engaging postings and conversations on social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube, as appropriate.
• Maintain and update Living The Questions website with content, photos, etc.
• Assist with program marketing, invitations and signage, as needed (e.g., Converge newsletter, Youth Specialties, Minnesota Monthly).
• Two newsletters per year for donors, partners, and other supporters.
• Collaborate with Marketing Office regarding press releases, as needed.
Manage Living The Questions Email Box
Manage and update contact list
Provide regular communication updates to the director
Assist with other projects as needed
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
Strong understanding of writing mechanics, styles, and grammar.Strong proofreading and editing skills.
Effective organization skills and attention to detail.
Ability to manage competing priorities and work independently.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
1+ years of experience writing, editing, or managing promotional content.
Bachelor’s degree in communication studies, English, journalism, or related field.
Must be able to work in a sitting position at a computer for an extended period of time.